Saturday, November 19, 2011

Green Bay Confidential / Wisconsin Confidential most likely Shutting Down.

Top last 1
With my camcorder mysteriously and suddenly not working any longer while simultaneously getting interference from local business persons and "social" activists and workers, my independent blogging and reporting is no longer tenable.  I was working (for a very competitive price) for a local children's development group.  This is the project that has just been nixed by the "powers that be".  I have included here the "sample" video that I shot (in 20 minutes) and edited (in 45 DSCN9509 minutes) to bring awareness to the community of their existence and needs.  I know they cannot afford one of the local production houses, so I do feel bad and hope the best for their efforts. I have never been paid or asked for direct compensation for my work and content.  It has been a learning experience for me.  Never the less, it may be DSCN9590 time for my to onward and upward.  I get a lot of pressure to "go work at the packing plant" from many individuals (many who are local social or technology professionals with amazingly poor technology and or social skills) who often seem quite offended by the skills I have gained in my many years of blogging, reporting, and photography and video.  I am quite sure many of the production houses and some (not all) media outlets will be quite please with my departure.  I really do appreciate my readers and the support of those out there who over the years have become faithful readers and viewers.  I will be departing for Washington DC on the 5th of December.  I will most likely not be coming back.  As one last effort, I have sent this message to several citizen journalism support groups, but I have little faith that anything will come out of it.   This would be the only way I could continue here as I have opportunities  in San Francisco. 
"My camcorder died as I arrived in Milwaukee to cover the Occupy the bridge event. It appears to be junk.  Do you know any one or any charitable organizations that helps impoverished citizen journalists like myself. I would not be asking for cash, but help getting a new or comparable camcorder and a laptop to replace the ones that just died and were broken.  The timing is interesting, as we (some OWS folks from Green Bay) have been planning  on going to DC Dec 5 - 9 for a big event there, and I have no way to cover it in video now. It would have been my biggest story to date. If interested, you can see examples of my work (all original content, including original music) below. You can see a promo at http://youtu.be/plFaQJQ_d44?hd=1 (this was shot with my Canon HF 10 Consumer Camcorder). My local news blog is http://greenbayconfidential.blogspot.com/. You can see a report I did recently on the Occupy movement in Green here at http://youtu.be/MeDeFhrVPf4?hd=1.    
Any advice or assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated and noted in my upcoming work as well".    
Thank You.

No comments: