Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Josef's Gyros Kabob, Imitation is the Best Form of Flattery

Josef's Gyros Kabob top There seems to be a Gyros war of sorts that happens on occasion in Appleton Wisconsin over whoIMG_2686 is exactly IMG_2708 the real Josef's Gyros Kabob ... will the real Josef's Gyros Kabob stand up.  There is even some confusion over the real Facebook page.  When one searches on Facebook, a "fan" page comes up .. and can direct one to the wrong restaurant!  The real one is Josef's Gyros Kabob (Official Site).

Believe me, I know a real Gyros when I see ... and taste one.  This is the real thing.  And their seem to be some confusion here.  A real Gyros is made from meat that is a combination of Lamb and beef.  The two are fused together.  When I had my first one, the meat was imported from Greece.  I had tried others that I IMG_2685 didn't really care for, but when I had the real thing at Parthenon's on State street The Parthenon Gyros Restaurant, I instantly fell in love.  A love I thought I had forever lost.  Well I have found another. 

Apparently, in true business form, IMG_2700others are claiming to be the true, or a relative of, the Josef's Gyros made and sold at http://www.gyros-kabob.com/. I can attest that they are the real thing only at http://www.gyros-kabob.com/.  I can only say that the others are made from beef, or just lamb, ya all ain't a real Ranger!

When only the best will do.

One will have to come and try for oneself. 

 

No comments: