Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Is examiner.com a Fraud?

I have recently bailed on examiner.com. 
I use HTML to do my posts (that is how I get my own look).  I couldn't figure out why this upset them so much until I placed my own counter on the page (s) though the use of hidden HTML.
vlcsnap-00001
The results were shocking.  I couldn't figure out why I was getting so few hits when my own blog pages were getting up to 100% more and discovered that the page view numbers from examiner.com get automatically adjusted ... down.
So ... I am doing an investigative report on them, the Clarity Digital Group, and their CEO Rick Blair.

To any examiners out there I ask this?

  1. Have you ever actually been paid?
  2. Have you ever noticed any discrepancies in the number of page views from one day to the next?

One can see this as one goes from the "weekly" view to the "monthly" view.  The numbers just don't add up.
I hope I discover that I am wrong, but if I am correct, this could be my biggest story.
With my Army Ranger, and law enforcement background, I do not fear any corporate backlash ... I actually hope they do come after me as that would expedite the process and only provide me with more materials of discovery for my story as well as my case and would quickly bring the US Justice Dept and the FCC into it.

Look forward to more on this, as I am not being paid anyways, so I have nothing better to do with my time other than report on what is appearing to be just another corporate rip off of the working people.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I left Examiner this month too. Falling page views, numbers should be far higher than they are reporting, falling pay rate (mine just fell 20%) and a governing body that makes the Scientologists look 'open and honest'.

I wrote for them for nine months. You couldn't pay me to work for them again. Scam company. Scam owner.

Shamontiel said...

The one thing that I can say about Examiner is that they pay more than most of the online sites I've written for (Demand Studios, Ehow, Textbroker, etc.). My weekly rates do add up to my monthly rates. I've actually broken them down on a weekly basis then calculated the local incentive points and verified them to make SURE I'm getting the correct amount.

I also don't agree with their decision to do away with HTML coding to check visits, but the Google Analytics feature is supposedly being fixed. I have calculated my daily rates to make sure they equal my weekly and then monthly rates though, also including the local incentive visits. I was paid on time and made what I should have.

I would like to see your difference in numbers though. You didn't provide any screenshots of pay on Examiner versus your own hidden HTML results that showed something different. This would end a lot of credibility to this blog.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what your report reveals. I, too, am interested in seeing if they are truly adjusting counts.